Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun times



I got in the Halloween spirit by going to a Haunted House with my sis, her hubby and my friend, Richard. (yes, he is just a friend...)We had so much fun! We went to dinner first and my sis wanted to use a coupon.. but they were not good for a Sat. night-- so the manager let us have FREE MEALS! NICE!!! I liked the haunted house. I don't let myself get too into it, but it sure was dark and just fun.

Yesterday I went to the air show. What a perfect day for it! Hardly a cloud in the sky. Poor Kinsee hated the loudness of the planes. I LOVE IT!!! Kaileigh slept right through it! It is so amazing how the Blue Angels can fly so close together! Just amazing.

I finished The Last Lecture. I really liked it. Lots of good ideas. We will pick our next book tomorrow. Not sure what that will be. I have decided I like young adult books best. I tried to start Da Vinci code, but I couldn't make it past the first chapter...stupid, I know... but the guy that causes himself pain?! ugh. Couldn't read about it. (I am prepared for my brother's mocking at this point).

So, I have until the end of this week to decide if I will accept the alternate status of ultrasound school. I found out they only accepted 10 people, I am the 3rd alternate... I might as well accept. I can go to school this winter and take the 2 classes I will need for reapplying for the fall.

Work is pretty bad. My hours have really been cut. I work just over 20 hours a week. I have applied for a new job with a foster care agency. We will see if they even look at my resume. I will be spending my mornings job hunting.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The Haunted House was way fun even if I was the only one screaming. :) Sorry about the job. Hope you can find something soon and close by. Love you sister, you're the best. So glad you could come to the Air Show with us! Sorry you didn't like the book. I love the Da Vinci Code. I'll have to read the Last Lecture. Hugs to you. No mocking allowed big brother.