Sunday, October 11, 2009

I have to wait some more

I got my letter in the mail yesterday. I was all excited because it came in a thick packet...well.. I was accepted as an ALTERNATE. That means 12 people were accepted and I am one of three to be accepted as an alternate. I have to do all the things the accepted students do and wait until at least Nov. 1 to see if I am really accepted. The pride has been injured. Thoughts of "is this what I really want to do?" creep in. sigh.
Work-- I am hourly in Wax. I try to get 20 hours in at a Dallas center. Now they have hired a girl for the Dallas center to do what I do (she starts in 2 weeks)- because I was not a long term solution (everyone assumed I would get in to school and couldn't wait 3 days for my letter to come!) sigh.

I did get to go shopping yesterday. That was fun! Got to love new clothes and a new pair of boots!

I got to spend time with sis and 4 youngest kids. We tried to watch FAME...not a good movie for a 3 and 2 year old. Not good for a 32 year old either...too boring. We did have to leave early because we were bothering the 5 other people in the theater, but manager was glad we chose to leave and gave me a rain check! NICE.

Loving the cool weather here. Totally makes it feel like Fall! Got to love this time of year!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hope you get in so you don't have to mess with job stuff. Junky of them. Love the boots! Sorry about the movie but so excited you got free tickets! New Moon for you! Shopping is so therapeutic (did I spell that right?) Haunted House here we come!!!!