Sunday, January 31, 2010

AHHH Kansas

I did it! I went back to my hometown! It has been about 3 years since I have been back. It is always interesting to see the changes. Since I only drove down one main street (Kansas Ave)I saw a few changes. Mac town has a Walgreens!!!! Whoa! And I think the college has grown some.

The BEST thing I saw--- children sledding down overpasses!!! I laughed out loud when I saw it! I remember Mom taking us to the Manville hill and doing that! It was the best! Besides-- where else would you do that in KS? So good to see other kids making memories doing the same thing.

I got to see the Pavlovsky family!!! Angela got married. Steele just returned from a mission in Chile. Fun to see people after not seeing them for awhile. Always nice to pick up where you left off. I have really missed Donna! I used to go over there every Sun. night when I lived in Mac. Good times-- good friends.

I got to see the Julians. Jon now has a jaguar (4 door-silver) I think Karen drives a Lexus suv.. or maybe it's an acura. They are getting ready to move to S. Carolina so Jon and his son, Blake can start up a business together.

Fun to see other people. Everyone asked about the family. Brad Unruh says hi to Drew.

I did see Br. and Sis. Overton. She gave me a hug and chatted with me. He just said hi. She said I should have called and could have spend the night there! YEAH RIGHT!!!! Susie is expecting #3 so that was the big news thankfully. She didn't mention Dave which I was grateful for. I did it!!! Now if I ever go back I think it will be easier. I think I stressed over this for 3 weeks! whew!

I got to see Amy Dekle. She is pregnant and due May 1. It was good to see her so happy. She has a nice home and decorates well. (I wish I had that talent) I like her significant other. He seems very nice and I think they balance each other well.

So it was a fast up and back trip but it was good. I am glad I went!

2 comments:

The AngelArk said...

Good Job! I'm glad you had a good time and got past the potential awkwardness of that first time back. :) Love ya,
Anji

Rachel said...

I want to take the kids this summer just to drive around. Maybe we'll take a detour and go through then head over to KC or something. We'll see. Glad you got to go and that the trip was fun.