Monday, August 25, 2014

August Furlough

I have had a good Summer. Work has stayed steady-- which has helped tremendously as a 2 week furlough was not part of my Summer plans. But, I took full advantage of it and got out of AZ! YAY!
First stop-- Las Vegas. My good friend Darlene, has freinds that live there so we were able to stay with them! 
Hoover Dam! I am always a little sad to see how low the water line is. This was my first time here with the new bridge. So nice!

Coke tasting! I tried 13 out of 14. I already knew the one from Italy was awful so I didn't even try it. It was fun to taste all the others. Most I liked.

I love M&M's. I got a nice little bag...now I wish I had a nice BIG bag! So fun to see this huge wall--this is only a very small portion of it!

I just love Gordon Ramsay! He was 3 restaurants in Vegas. This is his Pub. I had fish and chips--so good!  

Bellagio atrium. So pretty!
Next stop was Cedar City for the Shakespeare Festival. We got to see 2 plays--"Into the Woods" and "Sense and Sensibility".  Both were so fantastic. We were on the front row for both!!! I kind of want to make that a yearly event-- I love live plays/musicals!
 Then, up to the valley. I normally try to see a lot of people when I am in Utah. Sadly this time I just didn't have a lot of time. But, I did get a good visit in with my brother and his family. Hooray!
Stopped at BYU MOA to see the CUT exhibit. Costumes from movies. It was really cool.

BEAR LAKE!

Headed to Minnetonka Caves

a deer--in daylight! 


This AZ girl was FREEZING in the 40* cave!

Bear Lake really is beautiful



our home for 2 nights! Little tent was just for gear.

We used coals first night..had a fire the next time..but we are not talented at getting a blazing fire :(



When on a beach--build something!



Even though the water was FREEZING-- it was so fun to get out there on that trampoline for an hour! I would totally do that again!

Bear Lake is known for raspberries. The shakes were TASTY! 


The reason for a little flame--lighter fluid! HA!
It was a great trip! So glad I could be out there. I want to go back to Bear Lake! I came home to news that my sister was moving to UT. I am happy for her. AZ won't be as much fun without her! Miss those kids already!

  

No comments: