Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hiking

This is for Heather-- I have been on 2 hiking trips and I want to share some of the pictures.
Zion National Park. Emerald Pools Trail

Lower Emerald Pool-- they haven't had much rain/snow this year.


The Virgin River has done a great job making this canyon!


This begins my Lower Antelope Canyon Trip. We camped at Lake Powell. You can tell they haven't had much water either.

Just looks like a crack in the ground... silly white men- not noticing what is there and giving the Navajo's what they thought was worthless land!

First view down the slot canyon

A little anxiety for me going down these stairs. I learned on this trip that I really hate ledges.



Sometimes it was a tight squeeze through the slot canyon.


Notice the sand on the wall-- they dump sand down the canyon so it is easier to walk through.


Peter Lik sold a photo entitled Phantom-- his Navajo guide threw sand in the air and he snapped a picture. Look it up. It is amazing. This is my Navajo guide doing the same thing, to show us the pillar of light. 

We ended the trip by going to Horseshoe Bend. It was stunning. I really want to raft the Grand Canyon now. Read the book The Emerald Mile for more history-- so fascinating. 

2 comments:

McKenna Eoff said...

Yay! and I appreciate it. We had a great time with you in Zions!

Heather said...

Jen!! Were these pictures posted for me, Heather? If so, I'm so sorry I didn't see them until now. The picture at the top of your blog is especially amazing! Yay for hiking and yay for beautiful places. You've been on my mind. I hope all is well.