Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Trip

I had a great trip to Utah. The weather was perfect and good times were had by all (I hope!) Thursday I arrived and had a great time with nieces and nephew. Got to eat at Cafe Rio. I just love that pork salad!!!! Friday I got to do some shopping and cooking. I learned what temp. to bake potatoes at and how to do a shredded pork meat for sandwiches or potatoes. It was wonderful to see friends from college. The kids keep growing! It is nice to catch up on life.
Saturday I got to ride the Heber Creeper. I saw lots of elk and a bald eagle! I had never seen a bald eagle before! It was a beautiful day and a nice ride through the mountains. I got to do more shopping and play some fun games! I need to use Rachel's wii more so I can do better next time!
Sunday I learned how happy I am with my family ward. Went with Darlene to her singles ward and it was a little crazy. I did run into some unexpected friends so that was fun! Perhaps I learned that I DO fit in in a family ward! (Yikes!) Got to see Darlene's family-- always nice to see them! And then I was off to Becky's.
Monday, Emily and I got pedicures and ate some frozen custard (YUM). I got to watch as Becky's 6 yr. old had his 2nd tooth pulled. I don't remember my Dad pulling out my teeth-- so this was an experience! Josh did great! He was so pleased when the tooth fairy had come during the middle of the night!
Tuesday I enjoyed a breakfast of green eggs and ham. I also had green orange juice! Got to love crazy holidays.
It is nice to be home (I look forward to sleeping in my own bed!) But I sure miss my friends and family in Utah!!! I will come back soon!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip but sure am glad you're back! You were missed! The pics are so cute. I love the one of Mac and Miranda. Someday they are going to look and say "we looked so much alike" just like you and I do. :) Fun times are great but home sure is nice too.