Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hot Air


It is HOT in Texas! Good thing I work inside.
Yesterday I got to earn extra credit for my class by helping the Lions Club at the Hot Air Balloon Show. I took money for parking. There were surprisingly a TON of people there! It was advertised as being a free event-- but nothing is ever free (parking, food, helicopter rides). The sad thing was the hot air balloons couldn't even take off. It was barely too windy. They were supposed to be doing a balloon glow to music. I am sure it was neat, but there was no way after 4 1/2 hours of standing that I was going to hang out-- and who would want to get stuck in all of that traffic!!!

Work and school are going okay. I need more time to study. This week my teacher could tell I was quite stressed out and asked when it was all going to calm down... sigh--never?! So I am trying to study more so I can do better. Guess when you show up to class wearing a Sylvan shirt the teacher expects you to be at the top of the class and not in the middle! I will keep trying.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You're great! You'll be ok. Too bad about the balloons but the air show was fun with all the planes. Hugs to you.