Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Massage

Last week I went to an ultrasound meeting. I decided it was not something I was wanting to do. You have school for 2 years and then work for at least 3 years before you get "comfortable".... they have a "recommendation" in the guidebook that you don't have any major life changes for the 2 years. There is also a pregnancy clause! (Not that that pertains to me...) So... I backed out.

I went to the church employment center and took a personality test.... it was soooo funny. Amazing how it pegged me. Anyway it listed a lot of jobs that my personality would fit... and massage therapy was one of them! I have always enjoyed massages.. and I have been ok at giving them.... I have a lot of respect for the man who was my massage therapist in UT... so I went to the school and signed up! CRAZY! I start in 2 weeks. I should be done in May or July (Not sure if the internship was counted in the length of the program). I am excited. I have classes 7 AM until noon.. then I can go work at Sylvan.... (If Sylvan can stay open. Things are still pretty rough!)

2 comments:

The AngelArk said...

Jen, that's exciting. And you'll be done so much sooner! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

emily j said...

that's good news! i'll be happy to be your test person anytime! :)