Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Adventure

I started Massage Therapy school on Tuesday! In a class of 20 I am one of 3 white girls. I am most likely the only one with a college degree....let alone a high school diploma. I may also be one of the only ones with out kids.... We played a game on Wed-- 2 truths and a lie.... I discovered a girl is bi-sexual (who tells that!!!) One guy almost murdered someone... another guy has been in a cop chase.... one girl has 13 brothers and sisters.. another has 9... a girl has 12 tattoos.. (oh-- could be only one with out any tattoos)... I can tell I will have lots of stories. The cool thing is that the school gives out tickets for showing up to class. I may win an ipod or a flatscreen tv!
I learned CPR-- I think I finished the test first. Then I started reading for next week. I don't think the teacher knew what to do with me. There was a girl that had to be high or something.... so SLOW! The girl behind me was like "what is WRONG with you?! There is NOTHING to think about on this test!" But the girl still took about an hour to finish it!!!!!!!!! And she was the one who had no clue how to play 2 truths and a lie. After each person she was like-- oh I have to vote? On which one is a lie??? KILLING ME!!! It's gonna be fun.
The fact that I had Anatomy this summer is going to really help me. Maybe the 2nd go around I will actually understand it. The book is geared toward a massage person so this will be GREAT! The program director said to expect the classes to feel like they did in high school. I can so handle that. Maybe going to school and working at the same time will be manageable... and I can still get good grades! I still want to work hard.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. Such good food!!! The weather was perfect. Good times with the family. I think Larry even made it through the meal without falling asleep! Good Job Larry!!!!

Got to see The Blind Side. WHAT A GREAT MOVIE!!! I loved it!!

I think I am done Christmas shopping. Whew!

I just love this time of year!!!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Reminds me of cosmetology school. It does get better, but it is definitely always interesting!

Rachel said...

Love the stories. they make me laugh.