Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kauai day 2


Day two of Kauai was a Sunday. We didn't have church until 1 so we got to sleep in... meaning the chickens woke me up around 4 and it was then 7 AZ time.. but I slept on and off until 7:30ish I think. I was usually the first one up, which was fine with me. I would sit on the balcony, eat a yogurt, and just enjoy quiet time.
We had a lovely pancake breakfast and got ready. We did some sight-seeing. We saw a waterfall or two.


We went to Anini Beach

If you have seen Soul Surfer I really think there was a shot of this beach. It has a lot of trees up to it. We never did go back and swim there.. bummer. Another time.
And we also went to Kilauea Light House



We didn't get any closer to the light house because it cost and we didn't want to pay! But it was so lovely from there!
We stopped along the way and had a picnic lunch. Then it was time for church. I just love how in Hawaii you respond to "Aloha" when the person speaking says hello. Just so friendly. It rained some while we were in our meetings. Then my friend, Darlene, has some "cousins" (a distant relation) that we went to see. A family of 4 boys. A BEATUIFUL home that sits on the Wailua River. We had dinner with them. They are also close to the beach and a park so we took a stroll during sunset. The clouds had lifted some so we could see Mount Waialeale--which is the wettest spot on earth! It gets close to 500 inches of rain a year!!

This is a tourist pineapple tree. The fruit on it looks like it is a pineapple, but it really isn't. I suppose all of us "mainlanders" get confused a lot!
Another wonderful day in Kauai.

No comments: