Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kauai day 3

Monday, Monday--I bet this was the best Monday I have ever had! Again the chickens woke me up...and I enjoyed the quiet of the morning. We had a "get to know the island" by the time-share people. This was quit informative and we got a lot of great tips on where to eat and what to see. The best part was at the end they gave away coupons--Darlene was able to steel an answer from someone that had already won-- and we won a discount on a boat tour (details to be in day 5)!! This was the prize I wanted so I was super excited she could get it! We decided to get lunch at a place we were told to go and go to the North end of the island. For lunch we had rice some meat with a fried egg on top with gravy. It was really good! Different, but good. I think the meat was like a Salisbury steak.
We drove to Tunnels Beach


There was a guy that got in the ocean with his electric car key (and only electric). Darlene's Dad saved the day by driving him back to where he was staying so he could figure things out from there. (His wife and kids not so happy, but thankful for a kind stranger.)
We also got to see the Dry Cave

and the Wet Cave

Now one of these was from Raiders of the Lost Ark--when the giant rock is rolling after Harrison Ford!
This is the northern most accessible area of the island. Hikers can begin their hike of the Na Pali coast here. The guy at the timeshare said it was a 12 on a 1 to 10 scale. Needless to say not on our agenda.
While we were swimming in the ocean a group of people were staring our direction saying "look!". Now that is NOT something I want to hear when in the water...I looked for a shark fin (Remember Soul Surfer's shark attack was on this island.) and didn't see one, and then a guy said there was a sea turtle near us. That still kind of freaked me out, and then I looked for it and couldn't find it.
We went back to the timeshare and swam in the pool and sat in the HOT tub (110* at least!). We enjoyed a yummy Chinese salad from Costco. And then drove to a lookout spot for the sunset




Perfect ending to a perfect day!

No comments: