Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kauai Day 6

We got up EARLY today. We had to drive to the southern end of the island for our boat tour. I wish I had brought a jacket or sweatshirt with me. I was just so excited for cooler weather I didn't think I would be cool! Anyhow we got to said boat place at 6 AM. We launched about 6:30. We got to have a nice breakfast on the Catamaran. All of us took some dramamine as we left which was a good thing. Poor Darlene should have had more. It was a pretty ride out. They moved quick... we got to stop and watch the Spinner Dolphins. I think we saw about 20 of them. So beautiful! That was really great for me as I LOVE dolphins. We also saw a lot of flying fish--so COOL! We went to around the Na Pali coast. SO beautiful. So many movies have been filmed on Kauai. The guy showed us where the recent Pirates movie was filmed. We went back really slow so we could get good pictures. (Darlene will someday send me those.) The water was so BLUE!!!
We then went to a place where the top of a volcano comes out of the water. This is where we snorkled. Saw some amazing fish. A Sea Lion came to check us out and swam below us. COOL! Then we got to see the "forbidden island" It is a very private island and you really have to be special or $$ to go to it.
The way back-- we went through a place where 3 currents came together. Darlene and I were at the very back of the boat because she had been a little sick on the way out...I was bouncing around like CRAZY! It was fun for me-- like a roller coaster. I made the guys nervous so they finally found a place for me to sit so I wouldn't go flying off the boat (and I really came close 2-3 times.) Darlene's Dad said the waves had to be 20 feet high in some places! I have no idea. The water kept spraying me so I had my eyes closed. I just know it was intense!
Next to the boat charter place was a chocolate factory. YUM!!! I got some great chocolate---I want more!
We went back to our timeshare. It was a "7 hour tour".
A wonderful Day! I can't wait to see the pictures!

No comments: