Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kauai Day 5

Tuesday--we decided to go kayaking up the Waimea River. Darlene's cousins had the kayaks YEAH!

Darlene and I shared and her Dad went by himself. It was a nice day--the river was calm. I enjoy kayaking. We decided to go straight to the Fern Grotto. It was so beautiful!



I loved the flowers. They were my favorite part of the island.
When coming out of the grotto we met a couple who said the falls that we could kayak to had a ton of people there... so we decided to skip that. The way back down the river was nice. EXCEPT---I discovered my camera was in my ziploc bag--swimming in water. Not sure how the water got in, but it did and it killed my camera. SADNESS- not even rice could save it. I didn't think about using my phone as a camera until towards the end of the trip. Darlene has some good shots but she is still in possession of them.
The pics job my memory--and so I don't remember what else we did this day. We went to bed early because day 6 started EARLY!

No comments: