Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Texas Trip

I am FINALLY getting to update my blog! I will do it in a few posts-- so here is the first one. 
Mid-October I got to go see my Daddy in Texas. It was a FAST weekend, but full of fun. I got in on Wed- we met up with my friend, Kathleen. We went to a yummy seafood cafe. I had fish tacos-- I love fish tacos. Maybe I can convince my brother to make me some when I go see him in January? Yes. please? Anyway it was a fun lunch. Then it was back to the house because Dad was making dinner for a group of friends to come over. More good food.  More fun. Between Tom Nelson's stories and Dennis Neitzel's stories it was a fun evening. Such fun stories of when they were in the Navy and Air Force. Amazing times they had. Sadly I don't remember Thursday.... Friday Dad and I went to the Dallas Arboretum. They were having the pumpkin patch and a Chihuly exibit-- here are some of my favorite: 


I had never seen so many pumpkins. I should have taken more pics. They made children's books come alive with the pumpkins-- like Cinderella's carriage etc. SO COOL!!










The pictures don't do these justice. AMAZING! They had a hail storm before I got there-- only 2 parts of a set were damaged. Some were made specifically for Dallas. I think I should start collecting his art. I really loved it. 

I got to do a card exchange and dinner with friends. It was great. 

Saturday I got to meet up with my friend, Heather. It was so good to see her too. Ah, I miss my Texas friends.

Mostly I went through boxes to get ready for my big move. It was a little emotional going through boxes. My Mom kept SO MUCH....she would be mad at me for throwing so much away, but what am I going to do with it? Most of it was school things-- papers, newspapers, awards. I probably should have scanned some things in and saved it that way...but no. I tossed it. I did keep my old stuffed animals. Heather convinced me to keep them. I did have a 3rd grade paper that asked about me. One question was what makes you mad-- I answered my brother!!! Lol.. wonder what he did to make me mad. Another question was what is the biggest problem-- I said pollution. My teacher thought that was funny. On any of my grade cards--standardized testing my lowest area was spelling. HA! I am a terrible speller still! Thank goodness for auto-correct!

Then Dad and I drove to AZ. Rachel was moving houses so we got to help her move...fun. I HATE MOVING!!

No comments: