Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Annoyed

OKAY! We all know the Twilight movie is coming out soon. Who knows if it is even good. (Emily no comments.) SO-- they are having this meet and great the cast the next 2 weeks. Dallas is "lucky" enough to get to have Robert Pattinson come. Does Hot Topic NOT understand that THOUSANDS of girls want to meet him? Sheesh. They have 250 t-shirts and 500 wrist bands for this. SF had to cancel part of it...Today Dallas opened the mall earlier than the 6:00 AM and gave the bands...so anyone that got there at 5:45 was too late! WHAT IS THE POINT?!!!!!
Needless to say I was SUPPOSED to be able to take a niece and a girl from Moldovia to meet him, but NOPE! Too late. ARGH.. perhaps I am more upset than the girls! The movie tickets are already sold out too. This is LAME!Perhaps I will feel less annoyed after seeing the movie.

On a HIGH note-- I went to my first Single ADULT conference. When they said 31 to 99 they were not kidding! Thursday I went to the Temple-- I think I saw 40 women and 10 men.... of the men MAYBE 2 were within my age bracket. Friday was a little better, byt when I got to the activity they were playing 50's music.. and I was the youngest and not too many my age! I did get to dance with 2 guys my age. One all the way from Canada and the other from Louisianna.
Saturday-- much better-- 3 guys in my age range that I talked to! (I did get to play Rockband with 1 of them and I do best at the singing.) I learned that I cannot 2-step and talk at the same time.
All in all I had a good time, and will still find it strange to be at an activity with men/women in their 70's on up... of course when I get to go with Dad that will be its own experience.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm with you on the Twilight phenom. Totally crazy! I'm glad you had fun at the conference. I'm sure it was an experience all of it's own but I'm glad you went. Loves...we'll get to Twilight...promise.