Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight

I have done my part of adding to Stephanie Meyer's wealth. I am sure I will see the movie again-- all in the hopes of seeing the next 3 books put up on the big screen. I liked the movie. I knew it would not do the book justice-- I was right. BUT I felt like the actors did a decent job with their characters. I was a little disappointed in the meadow scene--but it is Hollywood. So-- it is what it is an enjoyable movie. I will still prefer the books more.

Thursday night I got to go and see the 5 Browns in concert. When I bought the tickets I paid no attention to where the concert was-- I just knew it was East of Dallas.... how about 2 1/2 - 3 hours away! SHEESH! We had to stop and eat... and so we were a little late. But when we got there, there were firetrucks all around. Apparently there was smoke coming from somewhere. The building was evacuated for some time. When we arrived people were just taking their seats! NICE... Oh- best of all since we had no idea where we were going we entered in the back--and got to talk to a few of the Browns! We were in jest asked if we wanted to come on stage and help them! The oldest sister could not attend due to a serious eye infection (She is even losing some eye sight!) We hope she gets better. The talent of these people!! AMAZING. Their hands moved so FAST. It was nice music. Relaxing. Enjoyable. I will have to get some of their music. The guy that was the "stand in" arranged almost all that was performed. TALENTED!!! They even did a ask questions about us for a few minutes after intermission thing. That was kind of cool.

That was the last of my concerts. I will get through Christmas... and then see what is next. (A new season of So You Think You Can Dance should be starting up!!!)

2 comments:

d said...

It seems most people I have heard that have seen the movie were disappointed by it. That's too bad.
-h

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking Kaijsa and Larry to the concert with you and Kaijsa to the movie too. They loved it. Thanks, you're fabulous.