Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Wedding and good times

L-R Clarissa, Tawnya and me-- waiting for the couple to get a few family pics done before the friends pics. They were roommates with Carrie in Holladay --which is where I met them!

Carrie!!! She chose saphire blue, black and silver as her wedding colors. I got to play with  my camera and--voila! So pretty!

Carrie and Dave Anguiano-- Mt. Timpanogos

Carrie and Jen- met at UCCU for college jobs in Sept of 1997-- that's a long and wonderful friendship!

Eoff family!! Waiting for the goodness found at Bruges Waffles and Frites

I am a hot chocolate LOVER-- and this is the BEST EVER!!! (Look the owner of Bruges is in the background!! He is so nice!)
I really had a lovely time in UT. I got in on Thursday--Heather and Graeme picked me up. He wasn't feeling the best so he missed school-- or was he clever enough to say he wansn't feeling well so he could spend more time with me?!! hmm.. We went to Becky's for lunch. Last time I will see that house as she is moving in another week!!! Then we went to the Eoff home in AF... and then I got to meet up with Carrie for manicures! So FUN! I usually don't do manicures because I have to keep my nails so short for work, and the color never lasts! We got shellac polish and I LOVE IT!!! I may have to do this more often! Then Carrie took me to her house where I got to say hello to her family (love them) and meet her fiance' Dave and his kids-- they are all wonderful! Then, time to go back to my brothers for dinner with them and Darlene. Then my friends Anji and Christy came to play games!!! We played Ugg Tect. It was quite fun! We had fun. My brother thinks they should go to his house more often to play games even with out me there. hmmnn 

Friday was the wedding day-- I left at 9 and didn't get home until 9:30? A long day, but so fun. It was FREEZING!! But I had fun watching the couple take pictures and even helped a "snow effect" by yanking on a tree so the snow would fall on to them. I hope that pic turned out!! We had a YUMMY luncheon at Tucanos. I love that place.... and then I helped set up the reception. It really was a great day. So happy for Carrie. 

Saturday-- BRUGES-- that place was AMAZING!! It is a little "hole in the wall" place in SLC. (They have one in Sugar House too-- and up in Park City at the Canyons). As you see from the pics there really  isn't anywhere to sit-- some tables outside, but in 10-20* I don't think so. Belgium waffles are dough based instead of batter based....I had a waffle with chocolate melted on the inside, fresh strawberries and creme. TO.Die.For.....and then hot chocolate-- I really think that was just melted Belgium chocolate, whole milk, and creme...I loved it. Puts Starbucks hot coco to SHAME! Needless to say no need for dessert the rest of the day....and we didn't eat lunch either. It doesn't look big, but totally filling. I need to go back. Soon.
We went to see "Legends of the Guardians". Such a cute movie. I really like it. And then Drew, Heather, and I played another game..can't think of the title, but I really liked that game too. I forget how much I like playing games. 

Such a fast trip but so good.

Spa update-- there isn't one. Forbes decided they could wait until February to tell us. DARN THEM!


1 comment:

d said...

It was Kingsburg that we played and don't forget Haven!
So good to have you here, we miss you when you are gone.