Sunday, January 27, 2013

Martyr

Another week has come and gone. I am making some positive changes this week-- I began the South Beach diet again-- I did this back in 2004. It worked for me. I was able to maintain the lost weight until 2008 when my Mom passed away-- so, it has been 5 years and I need to drop 30 pounds (last time was only 20...) I am on day 4-- and it is going mostly well. I really love breads and desserts and pasta..... can't have any of that for 2 weeks. So, I am eating 2 scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of turkey bacon for breakfast... a snack in the morning -- I must confess I am not supposed to have fruit -- and not sure about yogurt, but I was not about to toss my greek yogurt-- and this is healthy yogurt right? So, once I am out of it I will go to the SB recommendations.. lunch I have been eating salad and then a healthy snack.. .and then salad for dinner. This go around I realize I like a lot more veggies and feta cheese so my salads have been quite tasty!. I was able to purchase a mini George Foreman from Kohls-- it was on sale and I had $10 Kohls cash-- I only paid $5 for it!! And--- I have coco powder coated almonds- and they are safe too! So still get my mini chocolate fix. Did you know ricotta cheese with some lemon and vanilla is quite satisfying? As is sugar free jello?!! Oh-- and I was able to exercise all 5 days! YAY ME!!!

Went to FHE on Mon. It was on the Myers/ Briggs personality test. I am ISFN-- a Nurturer. Big surprise right? It was fun... still have yet to really get out of my shell and MEET people, but I am trying! (I stands for introvert)

My nephew Kamden turned 7! WOW!!! He got enough Angry Bird wall decor to plaster his whole house I think. Good luck to my sis in lining it all up :-)

Saturday at the spa I got to perform my first Native Sun "wrap". It is done in a steam capsule. I think I did a good job. The lady seemed to like it. It was fun to do!!! YAY! Now I am trying to learn a clay wrap and I HATE IT. The plastic and clay get all over.... it is awkward... grr. I just need lots of practice.

Got a rebate on my credit card-- I bought season 1 and 2 of this:

My brother introduced me and I think I will really like it. I don't have internet at home and so this is the "only" way to see it! 


I watched got the Cranford series at costco for this weekend. It was pretty good. My only issue with "era" films is how lame "the Kiss" is. So, in honor of it turning into February this next week I will show you the best kiss ever-- from North and South

1 comment:

Christine Kimball said...

Hi Jen,
I found your blog somehow and I don't know if you will ever see this.... but that kiss from North and South really is the best one ever. I was thinking about you the other day and I hope that you are doing well.