Sunday, July 7, 2013

DC Day 2

We didn't get to the city until lunchtime--so we could sleep in and because of the rain. So, we found a food truck (I love food trucks!) Korean BBQ Taco and we found a tree to shield us from the rain. 

Then we went to the Air and Space Museum. I love the Spirit of St. Louis--mostly because my Mom loved it-- but behind it do you see the Space Ship One? 2 people I know from Mac helped to design it!! How cool is that?

The earthquake in DC did some damage to the Washington Monument--under work.

A cool Metal Tree at the Smithsonian Gardens

I think I took a pretty good pic here!


Waiting to go to dinner. Nice to just sit and people watch for a bit.

I got to see Dede! She got us a reservation for this Indian place 3 weeks ahead of time. Totally worth it!!! LOVED IT!

I also saw the Holocaust Museum. It was powerful. I'm glad I saw it as an older person. I remember when I was in DC in '95 I could have gone, but I didn't feel ready for it. For me-- I'm glad I waited. 

No comments: