Sunday, July 7, 2013

DC Trip-Day 1

I got into Philly at 1 AM. My hotel bed--(you can't see the other room with couch, desk, tv... It was a great room. I love working for a resort! DEALS anywhere I go! I got to bed at 2. My room alarm went off at 4:30. I got up at 7. Not much sleep.

Valley Forge- General Washington's Winter Headquarters --I thought he slept in a tent--but he shared this tiny house with 25 others and with Martha!

Met up with Darlene!

This is where some of the soldiers slept. Just wood floors and a bunk.


This was Washington's War room. So SMALL-- you can't tell but that is all there was!

His private office. The house only had these 2 rooms and a small kitchen downstairs. An outside kitchen was added a few years later. Upstairs 2 small bedrooms.

Gen Washington behind us. It was upper 80's and so humid!! 

Where the Constitution was formed. As it was raining we didn't get out to see it--or get out for the line to see Liberty Bell. Next time.

City Tavern-- where Ben Franklin and the others would go after their meetings to eat and drink. All Colonial food. SO GOOD! An Iron Chef is the head Chef here. 

Notice the little biscuits? That is a recipe from Thomas Jefferson. He visited the West Indies and brought Sweet Potatoes to the US--which are in the biscuits. They were good!

I did not like the roads in Philly. I loved the history of Philly!

No comments: