Sunday, July 7, 2013

DC Day 3

I got to meet baby Eli!!!! We had brunch with Amanda, Aaron  and Eli. It was so great to catch up with them. (not sure why Aaron isn't in this pic!) Not enough time with them :(

My Grandfather, from Missouri, was a medic in Texas during WWII.

I liked this monument.

Vietnam Memorial

I like that you can see the Capitol in this shot.

Lincoln Memorial

Korean War Memorial

I think the Korean Memorial might be my favorite war memorial. It is very haunting and powerful.

Martin Luther King

Roosevelt Memorial. This was well done too. I forgot how long he was president.

Arlington-- did you know this cemetery was started by a man that was from the North. He lost a son in the Civil War. He decided to bury some Union soldiers in Mrs. Robert E. Lee's rose garden in Virginia--- that would be Arlington, VA. I didn't know that story!!! Now Mrs. Lee has LOTS of soldiers in her yard!

Changing of the Guard. Tomb of the Unknown Soldier 


Marine Corp Memorial

If you haven't seen the Marine Corp Band-- Silent Drill-- Sunset Parade -- You really need to. It was Incredible. Possibly my most favorite activity while in DC.

Think any of them are LDS and single?

The best way to see all of the memorials in one day- on a bike!!! Yes, we were rained on, but it was fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Jenny! It was soooooo fabulous to see you! I love all the pics! Miss you! Come back soon so we can laugh and laugh and laugh together while enjoying brunch!

XO